12/28/10

Tarallucci e Vino
This cafe is in the north of East Village, near Ninth Street Espresso. Is not an espresso bar, but the quality of the coffee is certainly good. I have no drawn map since I was looking for another espresso bar a few blocks away, but this was Monday morning, the day after it started snowing in New York, so most of the businesses were closed.



The place is cozy, and at 2pm was as busy as it could be. While there's a nice front bar for a quick sip-n-go, there's a great back space for low-light cozy lunch. I ordered a single espresso, $3 each. I waited for about a minute while listening to the two attentive women behind the counter speak Italian to each other while at the same time take another customer and prepare orders. Got my drink and my favorite part started.



I realized I've been paying more attention of the transition of flavors from my tongue to my brain. This time the taste was of a bitter almond with notes of cinnamon, light in consistency and flavor, very soft.

The shop has a huge selection of desserts, cookies, bread and wines.
Overall I felt I was in a good place if I was to have lunch, but maybe it was too much of a mayhem to get something as simple as an espresso, but its New York anyway.








Website for Tarallucci e Vino: http://www.taralluccievino.net/